ECSA Service Provider number: SAIIE / CPD Provider / 02 / 05 / 21
Alpha Concepts has developed novel education and training material tailor-made to each of our client’s specific needs. The courses can be done in-house or at outside venues. Short courses of one to three days are offered, as well as longer five day courses. Our course schedule includes specific topics in the areas of:
- Alpha Concepts CPD Provider Certificate
- Systems thinking – Download PDF (1.79 MB).
- Service management – Download PDF (1.81 MB).
- Operational excellence – Download PDF (1.78 MB).
- Entrepreneurship and innovation – Download PDF (1.8 MB).
- Enterprise engineering.
- Project Management.
- Supply chain management.
Alpha Concepts’ systems thinking, service management, operational excellence, and entrepreneurship and innovation courses are approved by ECSA (Engineering Council of South Africa) for Continuing Professional Development (CPD). Please refer to each of the individual brochures for more information.
Who should attend
Shorter courses are ideal for executive level and senior managers giving them insight into the latest trends in industry, thereby providing the basis for thought leadership.
The five day courses are ideal to slot into your graduate training schemes and middle and senior management training programmes, giving participants more depth and insight into specialised topics.
The course content is based on the latest trends and thinking and more specifically tailored for the South African context using South African case studies. Students learn through doing and interaction.
The course content is specially prepared and is thereby customised to each client’s specific needs.
Enterprise engineering aims to teach participants the fundamentals of operating in a global economy.
This course integrates the operation of the firm with technologies. Participants are taught how to use modern technology as an enabler to develop competitive advantages for their organisations. Special attention is devoted to:
- Enterprise re-engineering.
- Computer integrated management.
- Enterprise resource planning.
- Information management- operations of the firms and their data.
- Aligning operations and business strategy.
- Selected topics in technology and operations management.
Alpha Concepts approaches project management from a contracts perspective ensuring that projects deliver to client requirements. Project management is covered from a wider systems perspective looking at both internal and external stakeholder interests. Our approach covers the entire project life-cycle from sales to execution and moves from the traditional Linear Waterfall Model of project management towards more modern techniques encompassing Vee and Spiral models. We also include concurrent and parallel processing of information flows instead of the mere aligning of tasks through design structure matrices. These new approaches have proved to reduce project risk, project slippage and project cost escalation. Another important aspect is trust within project relationships, which Alpha Concepts covers quite extensively. Special attention is devoted to:
- Contract management.
- Project organisation.
- Project structuring.
- Project models: Waterfall, Vee and Spiral models.
- Project risk and uncertainty.
- Project governance, monitoring, performance and KPIs.
- Knowledge-sharing, communication, training and education.
- Trust, co-operation, leadership and behavioural aspects of project management.
- Strategic project and programme management.
- Project portfolio management.
- Project maturity models.
- A systemic approach to project management.
- Design structure matrices.
Supply chain management
Supply chain management is an integral part of organisations. Having the right goods and services at the right time and the right price is definitely a competitive advantage. Balancing client requirements to internal operations and external service providers and suppliers is critical in ensuring a streamlined supply chain throughout an organisation. Alpha Concepts’ approach to supply chain is all encompassing from clients to suppliers and internal operations.
Our supply chain training includes:
- Organisational requirements for supply chain management.
- Supply chain trends.
- The importance and speed of information.
- High speed logistics.
- Supply chain models.
- Lean operations.
- Procurement and logistics.
- Project procurement and logistics.
- Warehousing and distribution.
- Enterprise resource planning systems.
- Sales and operations planning.
- Supply chain metrics and productivity improvement.